Sign up call the Speedway @ (608) 786-1525
1st Place – $500
2nd Place – $300
3rd Place – $150
4th Place – $50
5th Place – $25
Entry Fee: $30 Advance $35 Day Of
Limited to the first 20 entries – call to enter!
Demo Derby Rules
Last Updated 05/19/2021
Demo is limited to the first 20 entries.
Competition is open to any make or model front-engine, (FWD) front-wheel drive passenger car or wagon manufactured after 1980. Vehicles commonly designated as trucks, mini-vans or SUV’s are excluded. CALL for hybrid/crossover model vehicles. Wheelbase does not matter.
1. All drivers must wear a long sleeve shirt, no open toed shoes, long pants and a helmet during the derby. This is Mandatory!
2. No convertibles. T-tops must be welded in place or tinned over. Sun-roofs must be shut and secured. No pre-run cars allowed.
3. All glass, lights, reflectors except windshield must be removed . Windshield removal is optional, but severely cracked windshields must be removed. Any broken
glass must be vacuumed out-including inside the doors. All outside mirrors must be removed.
4. All interior may remain except for the driver’s interior door. The driver’s door interior must be removed and a cushion or padding secured to the door for driver safety.
5. If windshield is removed, there MUST be a bar, 9 wire, or chain running from the top of the windshield to the bottom in the middle of the opening; to prevent hoods
entering the drivers’ compartment.
6. All cars must have a number clearly painted on both sides of the vehicle. Roof signs are encouraged but must have the car’s number clearly displayed on both
sides. No obscenity or inappropriate wording or pictures allowed on car.
7. Car must have a sound floor in driver’s area. Driver’s seat belt must be secured and operate properly.
8. All debris must be removed from car and trunk area, including spare tires.
9. Doors must be chained shut with sturdy chain, #9 wire, or seat belts. 6 locations allowed per door. Driver’s door can be welded shut for safety. A driver’s door exterior plate/bar may be bolted or welded on, but may be no higher than the door window. Exterior driver’s door bars may only stretch 6” max past the edge of driver’s door in both directions.
10. Hoods and tailgates/trunks must be wired or chained to prevent opening. 4 locations allowed per hood/trunk. A minimum 10-inch opening anywhere within the hood to allow the use of fire extinguishers.
11. Trunk lids should remain in factory location. Trunk lids may be tucked.
12. Rear frame may not be notched and pre-bent.
13. Body panel creasing is not allowed.
14. Front and Rear bumpers may be held on by chains or 9 wire in 2 locations max.
15. Bumpers may be swapped with another FWD style bumper from 1980 or newer; but MUST be bolted on only. No welding the bumper to the frame. Bumpers may not be reinforced.
16. Adapter plates may be used when mounting a bumper to help bolt patterns align. This can be a simple plate welded or bolted to the bumper or car. But MUST still have the bumper connected to the car via bolts. Bumpers cannot be welded directly to car.
17. NO welding on any part of the car or frame except cage, driver’s door, and bumper mount.
18. All suspension must remain stock. No reinforced struts or tie-rods. Broken steering may be repaired on pre-rans. Call with questions. Car must bounce during inspection. This will be strictly enforced!
19. A 4 point floating-cage around driver is allowed but not required. NO DOWN BARS connecting to floor. The seat bar may be installed behind the driver’s seat for safety. The bar cannot be any further than 16” from the back of the driver’s seat. It is strongly suggested to not mount the bar directly touching the back seat to prevent injury to the drivers back.
20. A roll-over bar is allowed but not required. It may extend off the seat bar going over the roof of the car for safety. This bar cannot connect to the windshield bar in any way. NO rear window bars.
21. Battery may be moved to inside the car. This must be secured solid. Ratchet straps holding the battery in place do not count as safe. A common method is using threaded rod on either side bolted to the floor with a flat strap across the battery.
22. If battery is left under the hood, spray foam may be used to protect the battery.
23. All electrical must remain within the engine compartment. Computers and fuses can be moved to a safer location under the hood. Spray foam may be used to protect the computer.
24. Factory engines only. No swapping engines or drivetrains. No aftermarket carbs. EFI must stay EFI.
25. NO MORE than 2 gallons of gas allowed in any stock located gas tanks. Gas tanks can be moved inside car or left in stock location if ahead of rear axle. If tank is behind rear axle (under trunk), it must be moved into the backseat area and secured solid. NO MORE than 1 gallon of gas with gas tanks that have been moved.
26. Electric fuel pumps are allowed to the gas tank, but must have a clearly labeled ON/OFF switch in case of an emergency.
27. Radiators must remain in factory location, but can have spray foam to protect them on the edges.
28. DOT approved street tires only. No doubles.
29. All cars must pass a safety inspection before running.